Monday, February 23, 2009

Jessica Alba on the Cover of Elle


Jessica Alba is featured on the cover of the March issue of Elle Magazine. In the article, the new mom talks labor, baby weight, and leaving her daughter home for the first time.

On losing the baby weight in time for a Campari calendar photoshoot:
"[The workouts] were horrible. I cried. And I haven't worked out since."

On her labor experience while giving birth to daughter Honor last June:
"Contractions aren't that bad. If you've ever had bad cramps? That's what they're like, but that moment when they put the baby on your chest – that's deep. It's a deep experience."

On being apart from Honor:
"This is the first time I've been away from her. It's been six days. It sucks; it's the worst thing ever. But we Skype, so I can see her on video. The worst is when you can see her little chubby hands grab the screen, and I'm not there. [She tears up.] That's a new thing – I never cried before. Just being a mother is making me a big, weepy mess."

On her idea of fashion:
"I've always loved beautiful clothes, but I'm not very hip to the coolest, newest, most fashionable thing. I've always liked mixing casual things with nice, beautiful pieces – mixing masculine and feminine. I just didn't always know how to do it. As a kid, I bought random, thrift store stuff and hoped that it worked. Sometimes it didn't."

On her husband Cash Warren:
"Whether I'm dressed as a boy or wearing a gown, he's pretty cool about it all. He doesn't want to change me. He's always like, 'Okay, whatever makes you happy.'"

On having a unique look in Hollywood:
"There aren't many other stars, besides Halle Berry and Jennifer Lopez, who most people in the world can relate to. We look like people of the world -- I can kind of mix in with girls in Asia, South America, Europe."

No comments:

Post a Comment